Thursday, September 18, 2008

And so it begins ...

I have always loved the 1940s and 50s and even into the 60s.

It seemed like morals and family life abounded ... or maybe this idealic life was portrayed only in the media.

Remember the 'The Andy Griffith Show' and 'Leave it to Beaver' ? They remain two of my all time favourite shows.

Dad was respected as the loving head of the family.
Mom was loved and supported.
And the kids? Well, kids have always been kids, but back then they were actually corrected for wrong doings and yet continued to KNOW that they were a cherished part of the family.

Home was that wonderful and secure place.


Alas ... it's 2008 and we're not in Mayberry any more.

Maybe we should look retro-spectively.

Join with me in my humble attempt to help ladies ... like myself ... realize the importance of being a mom and help-meet extraordinaire.

Ready or not ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...