Friday, October 22, 2010

Four Monks

Weeds Glorious Weeds
My neighbour and ourselves each have crushed gravel driveways and parking area.  Certainly not beautiful like the stamped cement ones I see at executive homes, but they do the trick for our humble rural homes.

My neighbour's driveway is winding through trees and almost completely weedless.  Ours, on the other hand, is vast and weedy.  Remember my post called Weeds Glorious Weeds?  Yep, we got weeds.

We needed help.  I called my neighbour and asked her secret.  Vinegar!

Here is her recipe for weed control:
8 cups white vinegar
3/4 cup salt
1 tbsp dish soap
~ * ~
Combine all ingredients in a bucket and fill a spray bottle with liquid.
Spray weeds on a clear day.
(Stubborn, large weeds take a few applications.)

Four Monks White Distilled Vinegar
 I generally don't use vinegar very often, and the little bottle I had was, well, little.

So during our recent Costco run I purchased a box containing two  1 gallon bottles of Four Monks White Distilled Vinegar.

I haven't tried it yet ... rain has hindered my experiment ... but she swears by it.

I also did a little research on vinegar uses and the best site I have found is Vinegar Tips.  Amazing what they claim you can do with vinegar



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...