Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Well another Thanksgiving has come and gone. Ours was not spectacular but our tummys were full and we were indeed thankful. With one child away at university, it didn't seem right about having a big dinner. We had therefore decided to go low key on the Monday festivities, and then spruce it up a notch when she comes home for a visit next week.

Now don't worry, I didn't forget the pumpkin pie! But this year I did shake things up a bit with a new recipe ... One right off the canned pumpkin wrapper. And you know ... It was delicious and EASY AS PIE!... so I decided to include it here for you to give it a try.

Magic Pumpkin Pie

1 - 9" unbaked pie shell
2 eggs
14 oz canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
300 ml sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 425 F. Beat eggs lightly in medium bowl. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves and stir until well blended. Blend in sweetened condensed milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 35o F and continue baking 30 - 35 minutes long or until knife inserted in center comes out clean Cool and top with lots of whipping cream or ice cream. YUM


Genius eagerly waiting for the eating to begin

Hubby and I came down to the table with almost matching shirts :o)

~ * ~

The last year has been rather up and down with my health ... I have intentionally left out the fact that my heart was compromised with a rare heart virus last year ... Maybe I will go into more details another time... BUT I can still say that God is good. And I share with Barbara Johnson by ending with her quote here:

"Something to be thankful for
is that you're here to be thankful.
"

Hope that you had a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving, eh.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog.
    I am wondering how we will make it thru the holidays :(

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...