Saturday, November 21, 2009

Samaritan's Purse

This is an important post and worthy of all to read it.
Not because of fancy wording, or stunning photography ...
(it clearly lacks these elements)
but because of its higher purpose.
It's for needy kids in this world and it's called
THE SAMARITAN'S PURSE
Christmas Child Shoe Box

For years now I have been collecting this and that to fill shoe boxes. I spread the collection of items over the year and it is rather rewarding to say the least.

I include some toys (the recipients are kids you know), some school supplies and basic hygiene items and anything else that I can find.

Some years I go to the shoe department and ask for empty shoe boxes and other years I find a location, like our church, who supply us with the official Christmas Child Shoe Box.

The youtube video below gives clear instructions of this ministry's purpose and drive behind collecting these shoe boxes. The Samaritan's Purse is a worldwide organization ... and I realize that this video is filmed in Australia or New Zealand or someplace like that, but the message is the same.
Please take the time to Google the
Christmas Child Shoe Box Ministry
in your area and do what you can for the kids.
You will be glad that you did!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...