Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sugared Nuts

FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD
Today Dreamer and I had fun in the kitchen and whipped up a few holiday Goodies
The main recipient will be the neighbour lady
who loves sweets yet doesn't bake often.
I know that she will be thrilled.
Christmas is a wonderful time to show love to your neighbours.
~ * ~
Anyway, I thought that I would share one of the recipes we made: Sugared Nuts. Sooo easy and sooo yummy. Sweet, but with a hint of savory. I took the recipe from Company's Coming: Gifts from the Kitchen.


SUGARED NUTS
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 large egg white
3 cups unsalted walnuts, pecans and cashews
(I subbed almonds for cashews)

Combine all 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to coat well. Spread out on a 11 x 17" baking sheet. Bake in 250 F oven for 1 hour. Cool completely. Store in airtight container. Makes 3 cups.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...