Hubby and I were invited to dinner at a friend's place Saturday night. I offered to bring something, ... she requested dessert.
Dessert! Not really my specialty, but ...
In haste I scrambled to my favourite food web site ... All Recipes and found a recipe that was sure to wow.
I made a few variations ... Tip: Always read the comments that others make on the recipes ... and it turned out to be a blue ribbon winner. A zillion calories, but sometimes you just have to indulge.
Tiramisu Toffee Dessert
1 (10.75 ounce) package frozen prepared pound cake, thawed; cut into 1” chunks
3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered English toffee, chopped (No toffee in the house, so I substituted chopped-up butterscotch chips and added chocolate shavings)
- Arrange ½ of the cake chunks on the bottom of a trifle dish or glass bowl. Drizzle ½ of the coffee over cake.
- Beat sugar, chocolate syrup, and cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- In another bowl beat the whipping cream at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Fold whipping cream into 'frosting' mixture.
- Spread half this mixture over cake.
- Sprinkle with chocolate-covered toffee candy.
- Arrange remaining cake chunks on top. Drizzle with coffee. Spread remaining frosting over cake.
- Sprinkle with toffee candy.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 24 hours to set dessert and blend flavors.
Yummy in my Tummy