Monday, September 28, 2009

George Washington Inn

So my Hubby and I went on a bit of an adventure this past weekend. One of our stops included a night as guests at the magnificent George Washington Inn in Port Angeles, Washington
Here I am (far right) with Janet and Dan (Inn keepers) and their daughter Elizabeth. I have been friends with them for over 31 years. How can we look so good after 31 years!
In between catching up with the latest news with Janet, I went around their Bed & Breakfast and snapped a few pictures. My apologies for the darkness ... poor camera ... and even worse photographer!
Their B&B sits on 10 lovely acres. Here is a view from our bedroom window. On one side of the B&B you have a breath-taking view of the mountains ...
and if you turn around you see the vast Pacific Ocean. Yep ... God certainly has blessed Dan and Janet abundantly with this find.

Here is the back view of George Washington Inn. I know ... it's much bigger than my house too.

And finally, I snuck into the under-construction area of the B&B. Above the basement ... above the main floor ... and even above the 2nd floor there is yet another floor that they plan to open for conferences. An architecturally beautiful area with sloped ceilings and dormer windows. Perfect for a training retreat or seminar. AND if that wasn't enough ... above that is a cupola ... from there you can see in ALL directions for miles and miles and miles.

~ * ~

Unfortunately, this photographer has a horrible fear of heights and only made it half way up the spiral staircase. Maybe one day I will share the view!

Thanks Dan & Janet for the lovely stay and fellowship!

Check out George Washington Inn at: http://www.georgewashingtoninn.com/

Tell them Lori from British Columbia sent ya!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your visit, Len & Lori. It was great to catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...