Friday, May 21, 2010

Palm Springs - Part 1

Palm Springs, California.  Ever been???  Me neither.  But tomorrow we're heading to Bellingham, WA and flying on down to our dream vacation.

I am not one to say that we deserve it, because I KNOW that there are much more deserving souls than our family.  BUT this is our first big trip in 25 years.  Hubby, Dreamer, Johnnie-Girl and myself are about to find out why many of you actually take vacations.

I am bringing my little lap top and hope to document our travels and adventures on this blog.  If I am having too much fun vacationing, it may have to wait till our return in a week.

We leave tomorrow.  Wow, I can't even say it without getting excited shivers.  Genius has opted to stay home to hold down the fort, feed the dogs, and water the flowers ... Oh and work.  He has vacation plans of his own coming up that he will need to fund.

My dear friend KaYo (in code to protect her secret identity), proved to be a dear, dear friend once again.  She put together a little travel bag for me complete with traveling goodies.  What a sweetheart.   Look at the little bobbles acting as zipper pulls.  How cute it that?!

Oh ... one more thing ...

I haven't been on a big air plane for years and years.  Not quite back to the days of Orville and Wilbur Wright, but almost.  Heights are not my favourite things, so we will see how that all goes.

Stay turned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...